Audacity 2.1.1 is released
Audacity 2.1.1 has just been released with new features and performance improvements. Of note are -
- Scrubbing and seeking, including backwards play
- Built-in effects now support presets
- New limiter and vocal removal effect
- LV2 libraries have been updated meaning LV2 GUIs on Linux and LV2 factory presets
- New crossfade clips effect to apply a simple crossfade to a selected pair of clips in a single audio track
- Much faster editing with larger projects
- Performance improvements for draw tool and zooming of spectrogram views
As well as new features, there are also over 50 bug fixes with this new release.
For full details, checkout the release notes over at the Audacity website. Also note that the project website has moved away from its previous home at sourceforge. The new homepage can now be found here.