Qtractor 0.8.5 (autumn'17) is now released! From the release statement:
- Audio clip gain and panning properties are now taken into consideration when hash-linking (aka. ref-counting) their back-end buffers.
- New out-of-process plug-in inventory scan and cache option, replacing the old (aka. dummy) VST plug-in scan option and extending its function to all other plug-in types: LADSPA, DSSI and also LV2 (cache only).
- A File System browser and tree-view is finally integrated as a dockable-widget on the main application window (cf. main menu View / Window / File System).
- Drag-and-dropping of session, audio and MIDI files over the main track-list (left pane) is now possible, allowing for yet another quick means to open a new session or add new tracks to the current session.
- MIDI input/capture time-stamping has been fixed as much to avoid missing inbound events, when play-head is near the loop-end point and the loop-start is set below the absolute first half-a-second (
- LV2 Time/Transport speed information is now set on rolling when in audio export aka freewheeling mode.
- Added *.SF3 to soundfont instrument files filter, on View > Instruments... > Import... file dialog.
- A brand new View/Options.../Display/Meters/Show meters on track list/left pane option has been added.